March 17, 2020
Gastonia Family Dentistry COVID-19 Response
To our patient families and the communities we serve,
As COVID-19 continues to impact us all, we can work together as patients and healthcare providers to be the heroes that our community needs. This will be a challenge, but it is possible if we do it together. We are each uniquely positioned to support one another in the weeks ahead.
As healthcare providers, we will be heroes for our patients and communities by:
- Continuing to follow our patient safety protocols as we have always done, as directed by OSHA and recommendations by the American Dental Association.
- Following additional COVID-19 safety guidelines from the American Dental Association, the CDC, and North Carolina’s Department of Human Services.
- Providing emergency paid leave for our team members so they can stay home if they do not feel well and to care for family members affected by this situation.
- Keeping our offices open to provide care for our patients’ emergency oral health situations.
- Establishing a new virtual consultation pathway for your use during this time of distancing.
As patients, you can be a hero for your healthcare providers and community by:
- Following the COVID-19 guidelines from the CDC and North Carolina’s Department of Human Services.
- Continuing to care for your oral health at home as recommended by the American Dental Association.
- Contacting us for a virtual consultation before leaving your home.
In this moment of uncertainty, we will find the hero that is within us. The hero as Maya Angelou describes it, “....a person really intent on making this a better place for all people.” We are going to be those people for ourselves and for our community.
You and me. We are heroes together.
The Gastonia Family Dentistry Team